Lao Lu, over at The Crazy Insect, tagged me with the "five things you don't know about me" meme. It is the first time I've been memed! So, here we go:
1. On Halloween, 1974, I attended a Frank Zappa concert at what was then called the Felt Forum at Madison Square Garden. Zappa. Halloween. What a scene!
2. In 1979, I personally witnessed the great Pink Flamingo caper at the University of Wisconsin:
3. In the fall of 1983, I slept out on the Great Wall. It was surreptitious and illegal.
4. In 1996, together with a group of other US academics, I met then President Lee Teng-hui of Taiwan. He was voluble and engaging.
5. In 2007, I plan on volunteering at Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic.
And now it's my turn to tag others:
Roland, at ESWN; my neighbor, the Aardvark; though we already know a lot about her, Su Fei, star of Danwei's "Sexy Beijing;" Charlie at Positive Solutions; and Allan at A Touch of Ancients... in Malaysia.